Skip to main content

APJ Abdul Kalam

              APJ Abdul Kalam

                    Missile Man The repeated failures and delays to test launch the Agni missile created quite a buzzin the press. created quite a buzz in the press. Such delays are common in rocket science, Such delays are common in rocket science, but the nation was in no mood to understand. Our difficulties were ours alone. Our difficulties were ours alone. People interpreted the delaying their own way and suggested some hilarious alternatives. There was an Amul cartoon There was an Amul cartoon that suggested Agni should use their butter as fuel! Agni should use their butter as fuel! Agni should use their butter as fuel! While the press was outraged over the delay, outraged over the delay, my team was utterly demoralized by the repeated failures. my team was utterly demoralized by the repeated failures. my team was utterly demoralized by the repeated failures. I recalled the variousoccasions when my team leaders had boosted our morale and I thought doing likewise. and I thought about doing likewise. I called for a meeting and addressed my team, oftwo thousand members. and addressed my team of two thousand members. “A great opportunity has been given to us. All major opportunities accompanied by equally major challenges. We cannot give up. Our country doesn’t deserve anything less from us.” doesn’t deserve anything less from us.” I finished by telling my people, I finished by telling people, “I promise you that Agni will be launched successfully on our next trial.” that Agni will be launched successfully on our next trial.” My team regained its energy! My team regained its energy! Renewing their enthusiasm, they worked with tremendous concentration and will power. The launch was finally scheduled for 22nd May 1989. Dignitaries such as the Chief of Army Staff and the Defence Minister had come to witness the launch. On the previous night, we had all gone for a walk on the beach that was lit up by the full moon. The waves roared and crashed over the rocks.  

                          Would we succeed with the Agni launch tomorrow? ? The question was on everyone's mind, but none of us was willing to speak. Finally, the Defence Minister broke the silence and asked me, “Kalam, how should we celebrate the Agni success tomorrow? Is there something your heart desires?” It was a simple question, to which I could not find an immediate answer. What did I want? What was it that I did not have? Then I found the answer. Then I found the answer. “We need a hundred thousand saplings to plant in our research centre,” I said. “We need a hundred thousand saplings to plant in our research centre,” I said. The Minister’s face lit up with a friendly glow. with a friendly glow. “You are buying the blessing of mother earth for Agni. We will surely succeed tomorrow,” he predicted warmly. The next day Agni took off at 7:10in the morning. Agni took off at 7:10in the morning. It was a perfect launch. It was like waking up to a bright, crisp morning from a nightmarish sleep. Five years of continuous work various work centres had finally paid off. A mere six hundred seconds of elegant flight washed away all our fatigue. What a wonderful culmination to the many years of labour! It was and will remain one of the greatest moments of my life. one of the greatest moments of my life. 

                School Topper The Second World War was just over and India awaited her freedom eagerly. her freedom eagerly. It was a time when the air wasfilled with the sound of the indistinct buzz of the radio. It was a time when the air was filled with the sound of the indistinct buzz of the radio. Gandhiji declared, “Indians will build their own India.” “Indians will build their own India.” The whole country was filled with an unmatched optimism. I secretly wished for a chance to do something for my country. For this, I needed to study in a good school. I needed to study in a good school. But I never dared ask my parents, But I never dared to ask my parents, But I never dared to ask my parents, as I knew they wouldn’t be ableto afford it. they wouldn’t be ableto afford it. One day my father came up to me and, to my utter surprise, said, “Abdul, I know how you’ve always wanted to pursue higher studies. Your mother and I aren'thighly educated, but we have great dreams for you. great dreams for you. Don’t worry, we will somehow find the money for you to study in a good school.” to study in a good school.” The Schwartz School was in Ramanathapuram, a bustling town that lay across the sea from Rameswaram. My brother took me to school and I was admitted. It was a very good school. When it was hot and humid, When it was hot and humid,, the students were made to sit under trees, as there were no fans in those days. We would run from under one tree to another when we changed classes. We would run from under one tree to another when we changed classes. We would run from under one tree to another when we changed classes. One day, as I was in a hurry, I stepped into the wrong class, where my math teacher was taking a class. He glared at me through his glasses and said, “What are you doing in this school if you can’t even find our way to the right class? “What are you doing in this school if you can’t even find our way to the right class? “What are you doing in this school if you can’t even find your way to the right class? You should just go back to the village where you came from.” 

                    He then caught me by the scruff of my neck and caned me in front of the whole class. and caned me in front of the whole class. I felt crushed. My family had made great sacrifices to send me to this school. My family had made great sacrifices to send me to this school. My family had made great sacrifices to send me to this school. I felt terribly homesick times, I felt terribly homesick times, but I was determined to make my family proud. to make my family proud. From that day on, I made up my mind not only to be a good student but to be the best. I studied night and day. Many months later, my dream of scoring full marks in my maths exam finally came true. in my math exam finally came true. I was thrilled! The next morning, during our assembly, the same teacher who had punished me earlier, stood up, smiled and said, “Whoever I punish becomes a great man!” Everyone in the assembly burst out laughing. He then recounted what had happened. He then recounted what had happened. He pointed to me and added, “Mark my words; this boy is going to bring glory to his school and teachers.” glory to his school and teachers.” glory to his school and teachers.” His praise was quite made up for the earlier humiliation. for the earlier humiliation. I went back home after that semester and my entire family rejoiced. My mother made sweets and my father went all over Rameswaramdistributing them. I finally felt that I had done something worthy, but there was still a lot to be achieved. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDER PICHAI

                       SUND ER PI CHAI                                      GOOGLE CEO  Sit back and let's listen while I take you to the "life journey" of the Inspirational, Dreamer the people's leader, and the Rainmaker in the corporate world of business. As Les Brown said, "life has no limitations except the ones you make". Sundar Pichai is one such person who did not limit himself in the field of success. the vast majority who have succeeded in their lives have had their "fair share of challenges" if each and every individual who won the race had a supported past there would be no inspirational stories to inspire the individuals who haven't had fortune Spark upon them head and it's true.Pichai Sundararajan famously is known as "Sundar Pichai" born on 10 June 1972 in Madurai Tamil Nadu India his father Reghunatha Pichai worked as an electrical engineer and managed the factory that made electrical components his mother Lakshmi

How did British occupied India? | British India Timeline

              How did British occupied India?                 In the last episode of Indian battles, we talked about battles fought in the ancient and medieval period of India. Today we are going to talk about east India company and British rule. How the British expanded their territory by fighting and winning important battles and How they expanded their control throughout the Indian sub-continent. east India started operating as a business entity in India. They used to present expensive gifts for IndianKinSo. It was the Mughal emperor Jahangir who allowed the east India company to Establish its 1st factory at Surat in 1612. And from gs. British also provided financial support to Indian Kings in some cases for gaining the favors of Indian kings. By following this cunning strategy, East India Company gained the favor of the king of the Vijayanagara Empire, An empire that ruled over South India. East India Company started its second factory in 1640 in Madras with the help and permission

Stephen hawking

                                          Stephen Hawking                  How powerful is our mind and what can we achieve only by using this, is greatly shown by one of the greatest scientists in the world StephenHawking. Who was unable to move any part of his body except only one of his cheek's muscles. "Is it possible to become a scientist even after being completely physically paralyzed, and that is also one of the greatest scientists of all time!" That which even sounds impossible is actually made possible by Stephen Hawking. So let's see how this impossible became possible. On 8th January 1942 during world war2, he was born in England in Oxford city. He was brilliant right from his childhood but in his academic career, he was mediocre. He was mainly interested to work with electronic devices. At a very little age when a kid learns how to play video games on the computer, Stephen built a whole computer by himself. And that's why his friends started to call

ALEXANDER THE GREAT

   ALEXANDER THE GREAT                    It is said that he was born from Zeus himself, a demi-god in the flesh. He tamed an unbreakable wild stallion that full-grown men feared to approach at the age of 12, and that horse would carry him to military victory after military victory until his untimely death at the age of 32. He was tutored by one of the ancient world's greatest thinkers. His name says it all- Alexander The Great. But how much about Alexander is really true, and what's fiction? And ultimately, with a whopping zero Instagram followers, can we truly say he was all that great? Haters and historians alike will tell you that Alexander the Great was born in 356 BC to the Macedonian king Phillip II and his wife, Olympias. A true Greek however knows that Alexander was actually the love child of Zeus himself, who had a nasty habit of popping down to earth and taking various animal shapes to con women into sleeping with him. In many ways, Zeus was the original frat boy. Al

Rabindranath Tagore

                                                                                        Rabindranath Tagore              You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water Rabindranath Tagore Rabindranath was born on 7 May 1861 in Calcutta His father's name was de Bendre Nath tagger. Also encouraged his family to learn English Nicknamed Robbie tagger was very young when his mother died And since his father was away most of the time he was raised by domestic help When he was 11, he accompanied his father on a tour across India While on this journey, he read the works of famous writers including Kalidasa a celebrated classical Sanskrit poet Upon his return he composts a long poem in the mid-Phillies style in 1877 tagger married Mrinalini Devi in 1883 and fathered five children Sadly his wife passed away in 1902 and to add to his grave two of his daughters Renuka in 1903 and Sam Indra net in 1907 also died in 1878 he moved to Brighton East Sussex England to study

shah rukh khan

             shah rukh khan                     There might be anybody in this world who don't know about SHAHRUKH KHAN or didn't hear his name there was a time when this great personality was having just Rs.20 in his pocket and today he is the richest actor in Bollywood a boy belonging to a middle-class family from Delhi in which if a person from family becomes a doctor or engineer was a big thing for them and today he is known as "KING KHAN" in Bollywood but this journey was not so easy the Badshah of Bollywood was born on 2nd November 1965 in Delhi Sharukh lived with his maternal grandfather for five years in Mangalore where his maternal grandfather Iftekar Ahmed Sahab used to work as a chief engineer SRK also spend his childhood in Gautam Nagar area of Delhi SRK completed his school education from Delhi's ST.COLUMBUS SCHOOL he was not a clever student in studies but yes, no one can compete him in sports like cricket and hockey SRK's father TAJ MOHAMMED KHA

Michael Jackson

                              Michael Jackson                      Michael Joseph Jackson was a singer and songwriter from the US. An icon of pop culture who reached high sales figures and several awards, which named him as the King of Pop. He was born on August 29th, 1958 in Gary, Chicago, in the state of Indiana. He was the 8th child in a family of 10 children- his brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Randy, and his sisters, Rebbie, La Toya, and Janet. A sixth brother, Brandon, died shortly after being born. His parents were Joseph Walter “Joe” Jackson, an ex-boxer who became a steelworker and a guitar player; and Katherine Esther Scruse, who had also aimed to become a country singer. Michael showed he had a great voice since he was a kid. With so many siblings around, the easiest thing was creating a soccer team or a music band, so they went for the second option.               In 1964 , Michael and his brother Marlon joined the band already formed by Jackie, Tito, and Jerm

ALFRED NOBLE Biography in English

                   ALFRED NOBLE Biography in English                 Alfred Nobel We remember him for the annual prizes that he gifted to the world, but Alfred Nobel also left us with another legacy - explosives. He was the inventor of dynamite and its even more deadly incarnation, gelignite. They made him rich beyond his wildest dreams but also left him with a tortured conscience. In this week’s Biographics, we examine the life of Alfred Nobel. Early Years Alfred Bernhard Nobel was born on October21st, 1833 in Stockholm, Sweden.                      He was a sickly child who almost died during the first week of birth. As it was, he was one of just four out of eight children to survive. His illness kept him indoors while his three brothers played outside. Alfred’s father, Immanuel, was an inventor and engineer, but he struggled to realize his ambitions and, as a result, the family struggled to get by. Just three months before Alfred’s birth , his father had been forced to declare